An easy, light and moist lemon drizzle cake topped with a very zingy topping. This will be your go-to lemon cake recipe!
Write a review
- 175 gr butter or margarine
- 140 gr caster sugar
- 140 gr self raising flour
- 50 gr flaked almonds
- Half teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- half glass of lemon juice
- 1 desert spoon lemon rind
- Start by creaming the butter or margarine and eggs together.
- Add in the sugar, baking powder, almonds and lemon juice.
- Bake for 20 minutes and top with the mixed sugar and lemon juice which gives a crunchy topping.
- If desired, mix the lemon juice and cornflower and spread on cake or use lemon pelt.
Sezin's Cafe & Village Shop http://www.sezins.com/